OXFORD, Miss. — The University of Mississippi football program has declared a seven-day suspension of team activities due to an increasing number of positive COVID-19 cases.
The decision was made after a discussion with the Mississippi State Department of Health and with the best interest of the student athletes, coaching staff and support staff in mind, the athletics department said.
Team activities will be suspended until at least Wednesday, December 9.
The Rebels were scheduled to play LSU in Baton Rouge, Louisiana on December 5, but that game has been postponed. A new date has not been announced.
- COVID-19 bill can’t include $15 minimum wage hike, Senate referee says
- Heinz website now takes 57 minutes to load – but there’s a reward for your patience
- Olympic gymnastics coach John Geddert dies by suicide following human trafficking, sexual assault charges
- Hospital chaplain describes healing the grief caused by COVID
- Pandemic forces sale of Leonard’s, Memphis’ oldest BBQ restaurant