DALLAS (AP) — Chris Naggar kicked a 43-yard field goal with nine seconds left and SMU beat No. 25 Memphis 30-27.
It was first game in four weeks for the Tigers, who because of COVID-19 issues hadn’t played since their opener September 5. The game-winning kick came after SMU sacked and forced a fumble by Memphis quarterback Brady White.
Shane Buechele threw for 474 yards and three touchdowns for SMU. Reggie Roberson had catch-and-run scores of 70 and 85 yards and finished with five catches for 243 yards. Roberson exited the game with an apparent left knee injury in the third quarter.
- Only 25 Republicans in Congress acknowledge Biden’s election victory, Washington Post survey finds
- Wyoming health official calls ‘so-called pandemic’ a communist plot
- Hartford Courant, oldest US newspaper, to close its offices
- Tennessee library worker accused of burning conservative books
- President-elect Biden urges congress, Trump to pass COVID-19 relief, saying ‘Americans need help and they need it now’