FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) — A targeting penalty in the fourth quarter helped LSU continue its go-ahead drive, scoring with 3:59 left to dispatch Arkansas, 27-24.
TJ Finley found Jaray Jenkins for a 13-yard touchdown to put LSU ahead by three points. It was the capper to a 10-play, 67-yard drive on which Arkansas safety Jalen Catalon was flagged for a 15-yard targeting penalty and ejected.
LSU sealed the game when Jay Ward got his hands on an AJ Reed 44-yard field goal attempt with 1:24 left, the ball falling well short of the crossbar.
- Coronavirus relief: When will lawmakers reach deal on more help for Americans?
- Coronavirus pandemic blamed for rise in violent crimes across the U.S.
- NYC’s first African-American mayor, David Dinkins, dies at 93
- Michigan officials certify election, sealing Biden victory
- Officers accused of leaving injured suspect outside jail in hospital gown