MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Despite an executive order from Gov. Bill Lee for the return of contact sports in Tennessee, Shelby County Schools is keeping the status quo, meaning only conditioning during workouts.
No contact, no pads, no games until after Labor Day.
So instead of kicking off the season on time August 21, the earliest Shelby County Schools will start the season is late-September.
- Shelby County Health Dept. hosts mass testing event in hopes to reaching the Hispanic community
- Memphis gun violence: 2 dead, at least 2 hurt in shootings on Sunday
- Car crashes into tree and takes down light pole on Mud Island
- Judge agrees to delay US government restrictions on WeChat
- Mourners gather at the Supreme Court Building to honor Ruth Bader Ginsburg