GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Florida’s offense is potent enough to win championships. Its defense is porous enough to lose every game.
The 10th-ranked Gators found out how little margin for error they have in last week’s 41-38 loss at Texas A&M.
With a defense giving up nearly 500 yards and five touchdowns a game, Florida’s preseason title hopes now look like a pipe dream.
The defense ranks 13th in the Southeastern Conference in yards allowed and 72nd in the country with only 76 Football Bowl Subdivision teams currently playing.
The Gators host defending national champion LSU on Saturday.
- Hernando man in need of a transplant gets Pass It On surprise
- NXIVM sex cult founder Keith Raniere sentenced to 120 years in prison
- Main Street in Memphis reopens to traffic Wednesday
- Arkansas reports first flu death of the season
- President Trump’s campaign website hacked in cryptocurrency scam