OXFORD, Miss. (AP) — Matt Corral threw for two touchdowns as the Rebels raced to a 14-0 first quarter lead and held off a late Mississippi State surge to defeat the Bulldogs 31-24 in the Egg Bowl rivalry.
Freshman Will Rogers threw three touchdown passes for Mississippi State including 6 and 11 yards to Malik Heath. Rogers finished 45 for 61 passing for 440 yards and pulled the Bulldogs within 24-21 on a 7-yard strike to Austin Williams. Rogers directed Mississippi State to an opportunity on the final play from the Rebels’ 36-yard line, lofting a pass to the end zone that was knocked down by A.J. Finley.
- One dead, one wounded in Whitehaven Shooting
- Memphis business owner charged in Capitol riot has history of runs-in with law
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate
- Memphis gas station clerk tries to lock thieves inside store
- Police investigating after some lawmakers claim Capitol tours were given to rioters ahead of breach