FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) — Stetson Bennett threw two touchdown passes in the third quarter, and No. 4 Georgia rallied to beat Arkansas 37-10 in the season opener for each school.
Bennett replaced D’Wan Mathis in the second quarter and finished 20 for 29 for 211 yards. Bennett put the Bulldogs ahead to stay when he tossed a 19-yard touchdown pass to George Pickens and ran in the 2-point conversion to make it 13-10 with 6 minutes left in the third.
Feleipe Franks was 19 for 36 for 200 yards and a touchdown in his first start for Arkansas, but the Florida transfer also tossed two interceptions.
- Grizzlies open record 7-game road trip with win in Chicago
- Friday Night Stripes puts a wrap on spring practice for the Tigers
- The names of the 8 victims murdered in the Indianapolis FedEx mass shooting
- ‘This violence must end’: Calls for action on Capitol Hill after latest mass shooting
- Landers Nolley to return to Tigers