The South’s Grand Hotel is celebrating 146 years of glamour and elegance here in Memphis, and it’s marking the occasion with a delicious dinner.
The Peabody’s executive pastry chef is Live at 9 with a recipe from the menu.
Bittersweet Chocolate Tart Filling
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 7 ounces bittersweet dark chocolate
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 ounce dark corn syrup
- Bring heavy cream and corn syrup to a boil and pour over the bittersweet dark chocolate. Let rest for about five minutes.
- Stir mixture until chocolate and hot mixture is combined, and combine cut butter into it.
- Pour mixture into prebaked sweet dough shells, and then let set in the refrigerator.
- The Peabody’s 146th Anniversary Dinner
- Sept. 1 at 6 p.m.
- The Peabody Hotel
- 149 Union Ave.
- Reservations: (901) 529-3687