Our children are back in school, but one subject they won't learn much about in class is money!
And while there's no class for budgeting or financial literacy in school, it's easy to get kids started at home.
Financial literacy coach Angela Hill is here with the three things parents should teach children about money early on.
3 Things to teach Children about Money Early
- Start saving small with change:
- Ask for the change from parents from groceries or other shopping
- Make a bank at home using shoe box, jars (parents can make this fun by helping them design their own banks)
- Once you start working, pay yourself 10 percent and open up a savings account and use it for savings only
- Set goals for your savings:
- College funds
- Buy first car
- Start a small home business
- Be consistent
- Everyone Can Save Workshop
- Saturday, August 27
- 10 a.m. – Noon
- Jason's Deli
- 3473 Poplar Ave.
- (901) 415-5288