Are you ready to satisfy your sweet tooth? We have a special recipe for you that will do just that.
Chef Konrad Spitzbart is the executive pastry chef at the Peabody Hotel.
Bosc Pear and Fig Crostata
- 2 pieces puff pastry circles (5 ½ inches)
- 1-2 Bosc pears
- 3 pieces dry Mission figs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pumpkin pie spice (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Heat the oven to 360F.
- Peel and dice the pears, toss in sugar and spices and then saute in butter.
- Cut the figs in quarters and add them to the pear filling.
- Let the filling cool, then scoop the filling into the center of the puff pastry circle, fold up three sides and pinch the corners.
- Top with a teaspoon of butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake until the dough is golden brown. Let them cool a little and serve warm.
- Peabody Deli & Desserts
- Open Daily
- The Peabody Hotel
- 149 Union Ave.