MEMPHIS, Tenn. — The Peabody is getting ready to pop the cork on its next big event!
The Capriccio Grill will host an Italian wine dinner next week.
Chef Derek Smith is here with a recipe from the menu. It'll help you bring a little of the elegance into your home.
Braised Veal Cheeks 'Castello Monaci
- 2 veal cheeks
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 bottle of Castello Monachi red wine
- 2 cups veal stock
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp whole peppercorns
- Salt and pepper veal cheeks and sear on both sides. Set aside.
- Sauté vegetables in same pan.
- Add tomato paste.
- Deglaze pan with red wine.
- Add veal stock. Reduce.
- Return veal cheeks to pan with mixture. Cover with aluminum foil. Braise in 300 degree oven for 3 hours.
- Remove pan from oven. Strain liquid to remove vegetables and herbs. Reduce remaining liquid to desired thickness as sauce for veal cheeks.
- Castello Monaci Winemaker’s Dinner
- Capriccio Grill at the Peabody Hotel
- Thursday, March 10
- 6:30 p.m.
- (901) 529-4000