Next week I want you to Meet Me Along Madison.
It’s a great way to explore what Midtown has to offer; the area is really growing.
Schwinehaus Chef David Scott Walker is here with event organizer Mamie Shannon.
- Meet Me Along Madison
- March 22 & 23
- Madison Ave.
- Cooper to Cleveland
- Ask for the $20.16 special
Schweinehaus Baked Goat Cheese Salad
Baked Goat Cheese
1 Pound Goat Cheese
4 Sprigs of Thyme Leaves (chopped)
1 Sprig of Rosemary Leaves (chopped)
Panko Bread Crumbs (ground fine)
Mix goat cheese, thyme, and rosemary in a mixing bowl. Form ball about the size of a billiards ball and roll in panko. Freeze until ready to use.
1/3 cup sherry vinegar
1 large clove garlic
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Blend the vinegar, garlic, oregano, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper in a blender until the garlic is finely chopped. With the blender running, slowly blend in the oil.
Baked Goat Cheese Salad
4 Goat Cheese Balls
3 quarts Spring Mix (any greens would work but the pepper on the arugula works well with the goat cheese)
8 oz Sherry Vinaigrette
24 Cherry Tomatoes (cut in half)
Pretzel Croutons (we make croutons out of soft pretzels but broken hard pretzels would work fine at home)
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a sheet pan with non stick and place goat cheese balls in oven.
3 All ovens are different so the exact time is unknown (around 12 minutes). You will have a nice brown ring of crunchy, yummy cheese at the base of the ball when they are done.
- Wash your hands.
- While the goat cheese balls are cooking, place spring mix and cherry tomatoes in a large mixing bowl. To dress the salad properly, drizzle the dressing around the sides of the exposed bowl and, using your hand, mix the greens into the dressing. This way you have an even coating of dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- With a metal spatula, quickly scoop up a goat cheese ball and place in the middle of the salad.
- Sprinkle with pretzel croutons and enjoy while the goat cheese is hot.