Eating healthy can sometimes leave you feeling hungry.
Chef Jenn stopped by to share her secrets on how to make your summer salad light, but filling.
Shrimp & Avocado Salad (Serves 4 as main, 6 as side)
2 pounds medium shrimp, boiled and chilled
Zest from ½ of the lime
2 T freshly chopped cilantro
2 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped.
Versatile Vinaigrette (as desired)
Salt and Pepper
- Combine chilled shrimp with cilantro, tomato, lime, zest, salt & pepper, and vinaigrette.
- Stir to combine.
- Add avocado chunks.
- Stir gently.
- Check seasoning.
- Serve immediately or put in refrigerator for up to three hours.
Tips on boiling shrimp:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil with celery ribs, a cut lemon, parsley stems and a small amount of salt.
- Add clean, defrosted shrimp.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain and immediately place in ice bath until chilled.
- Drain again and then enjoy!!!!!