You'll be the star of your next get-together with today's recipe.
Hollywood Casino's executive pastry chef David Rodriguez is here with his recipe for chocolate fudge brownies.
- Hollywood Casino
- 1150 Casino Strip Resort Blvd.
- Robinsonville, MS
Chocolate Fudge Brownie
2# Butter (Cut into small cubes)
4# Granulated Sugar
15 Each Egg
1.5# Cake Flour (Sifted)
1# Cocoa Powder (Sifted)
1.5# Dark Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan (2 inches deep) and line bottom and sides with wax paper, and then butter paper.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring occasionally, until smooth.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, in a small bowl.
- Whisk together sugar, eggs in a large bowl, then pour in chocolate mixture, whisking until combined well. Whisk in flour mixture, and then transfer batter to baking pan.
- Bake @ 350° until top is shiny and set and sides have begun to pull away slightly (a wooden pick or skewer will not come out clean), about 30 minutes, for fudgy brownies; or until wooden pick or skewer comes out clean, 50 minutes to 1 hour total, for cakey brownies.
- Cool brownies completely in pan on a rack. Invert onto a cutting board, remove paper, and cut into squares.
- Cooled brownies keep, layered between sheets of wax paper, in an airtight container at room temperature 2 days.