MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A multiple-vehicle wreck Monday evening on Interstate 55 in Memphis shut down traffic for miles, even stretching into Arkansas.
Authorities said multiple vehicles were involved in a wreck on I-55 near McLemore Avenue around 6:40 p.m.
The crash initially shut down southbound I-55 near McLemore.
As crews continued cleaning up the wreck into the evening, traffic backed up across the I-55 bridge into Arkansas.
As of 10 p.m. Monday, the scene was still active, and the roadway closed indefinitely.
It was reopened by 5 a.m. Tuesday.
No injuries were immediate reported.
- President Trump talks Supreme Court nominee, election, coronavirus and football in NewsNation interview
- Bar owner excited to reopen after being shut down for six months
- Election commission votes against FedExForum as early voting site
- Pelosi announces bipartisan deal to avoid shutdown
- 3 people shot late Tuesday; Memphis Police say no suspect information is known at this time