MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A multiple-vehicle wreck Monday evening on Interstate 55 in Memphis shut down traffic for miles, even stretching into Arkansas.
Authorities said multiple vehicles were involved in a wreck on I-55 near McLemore Avenue around 6:40 p.m.
The crash initially shut down southbound I-55 near McLemore.
As crews continued cleaning up the wreck into the evening, traffic backed up across the I-55 bridge into Arkansas.
As of 10 p.m. Monday, the scene was still active, and the roadway closed indefinitely.
It was reopened by 5 a.m. Tuesday.
No injuries were immediate reported.
- Biden’s first Cabinet picks diverse, historic
- Lawmakers push to pass COVID-19 relief bill before the end of the year
- Grizzlies ‘Soul City Edition’ uniforms celebrate Isaac Hayes, Stax Records
- COVID-19 vaccine may be available by Christmas in Shelby County, but many are skeptical about taking it
- Memphis pastor provides message of hope during uncertain times, as funerals increase