MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A multiple-vehicle wreck Monday evening on Interstate 55 in Memphis shut down traffic for miles, even stretching into Arkansas.
Authorities said multiple vehicles were involved in a wreck on I-55 near McLemore Avenue around 6:40 p.m.
The crash initially shut down southbound I-55 near McLemore.
As crews continued cleaning up the wreck into the evening, traffic backed up across the I-55 bridge into Arkansas.
As of 10 p.m. Monday, the scene was still active, and the roadway closed indefinitely.
It was reopened by 5 a.m. Tuesday.
No injuries were immediate reported.
- Founder of Mother’s Day hated candy and greeting cards, preferred moms get a different gift entirely
- Give mom native plants this Mother’s Day and help Mother Nature, too
- How much money does it take to convince hesitant Americans to get vaccinated?
- Police: 3 hurt in Florida mall shooting as shoppers scatter
- Distant jurors to hear Mississippi police killing trial