ORLANDO, Fla. (WFLA) — A theme park worker has died after falling 200 feet from the Orlando Starflyer attraction on Monday, according to the Orange County Sheriff’s Office.
The 21-year-old man was performing a safety check when he fell to his death shortly before 8 a.m., authorities said on Monday.
Fire officials said the man fell 200 feet and struck a platform below the attraction. He was taken to a local hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
The Orange County Sheriff’s Office is conducting a death investigation, according to WESH.
The 450-foot attraction opened in 2018.
No other details were available.
- Shelby Co. Sheriff searches for 75-year-old man who was last seen at Meeman-Shelby Forest State Park
- Health officials encourage people to get outside as some playgrounds reopen
- Group issues Halloween 2020 guidelines, color-coded coronavirus risk map
- Memphis 901 FC falls 4-1 on the road in Louisville.
- Motorcyclist dies in crash in South Memphis