MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A man was arrested in connection to a deadly shooting in South Memphis Thursday.
Robert Spivey, 33, was charged with first-degree murder, authorities announced Friday.
On Thursday, officers responded to a welfare check at the home on Cincinnati Road near Person Avenue around two in the afternoon. When they arrived on the scene, officers found an “unresponsive” woman and say investigators quickly discovered she’d been shot and killed.
A friend of the victim, who doesn’t want to be identified, says the woman was in her mid-thirties.
“This girl, she was a hardworking girl. All she did was work,” the friend said, “She got a teenage daughter who stays up north with her father.”
The friend also claims the victim was in an on and off relationship with an abusive boyfriend.
If you have any information, call Crime Stoppers at 901-528-CASH.
- Thanksgiving morning apartment fire leaves Memphis family homeless
- MemFeast serves up thousands of holiday meals for the hungry
- Downtown Memphis restaurant finds safer ways to give back on Thanksgiving
- Second stimulus check: President-elect Biden’s thoughts on $1,200 payments
- ‘Jeopardy!’ shares Thanksgiving message from late host Alex Trebek