MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A man was arrested in connection to a deadly shooting in South Memphis Thursday.
Robert Spivey, 33, was charged with first-degree murder, authorities announced Friday.
On Thursday, officers responded to a welfare check at the home on Cincinnati Road near Person Avenue around two in the afternoon. When they arrived on the scene, officers found an “unresponsive” woman and say investigators quickly discovered she’d been shot and killed.
A friend of the victim, who doesn’t want to be identified, says the woman was in her mid-thirties.
“This girl, she was a hardworking girl. All she did was work,” the friend said, “She got a teenage daughter who stays up north with her father.”
The friend also claims the victim was in an on and off relationship with an abusive boyfriend.
If you have any information, call Crime Stoppers at 901-528-CASH.
- Bear spends an hour trapped inside car with a case of beer
- Navy and FBI giving U.S. House committee classified UFO briefing today
- Jada Pinkett Smith reveals original handwritten Tupac poem on his 50th birthday
- Vols baseball’s biggest little fan shares excitement as he heads to Omaha
- World’s Strongest Man competition heats up in California’s triple-digit temperatures