MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Memphis Police said a woman is behind bars after shooting her boyfriend at a Halloween party on Saturday.
Investigators said Sheena Chambers shot her boyfriend and one of his relatives who she says showed up uninvited and began causing trouble.
One man who was at the party said the boyfriend, several family members and friends were drunk when they got there. He said the boyfriend hit Chambers and knocked her to the ground twice. That’s when she reportedly reached for the gun.
“He was wrestling it out of her hand, and that was dangerous too because the house was full of people. You got six people wrestling over a firearm.”
Police said Charquise Burns was shot in the stomach and Latosha Burns was shot in the chest.
Chambers was charged with two counts of aggravated assault.
- US tops 13M confirmed coronavirus cases
- Grizzlies announce preseason schedule, playing against Minnesota, Atlanta
- Ravens-Steelers game pushed back to Tuesday, Dec. 1
- Suspects on the run in Mississippi after ramming deputy’s vehicle, fleeing the scene
- Whitehaven church opens boutique to help families in need