MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Police say a woman was killed by gunfire while watching fireworks on the Fourth of July.
The woman was taken to Methodist Hospital, where she was pronounced dead. Police responded just after 10 p.m. Saturday.
An investigation showed the woman had been watching fireworks on Olympic Street in North Memphis when she was hit by gunfire, police said.
- Grizzlies clinch play-in spot in nail biting win against Pelicans
- Midtown businesses burglarized
- Mississippi joins Arkansas in ending weekly $600 unemployment checks
- Man accused of stabbing, robbing customer inside store at Tanger Outlets
- COVID lockdown fueled opioid overdoses, deaths in Memphis area