MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A shooting in Whitehaven left a woman in critical condition.
According to police, the female victim called for help after having been shot overnight Wednesday. She was located at a gas station at the corner of Boeingshire and East Shelby Drive, and rushed to the Regional Medical Center.
Police located a second scene about a block away on St. James. They marked off nearly two dozen shell casings in the street.
“I heard the noise,” said one woman who spoke with WREG’s Melissa Moon early Thursday morning. She was sitting in a car with her boyfriend and her brother was in another vehicle nearby when someone drove by and opened fire.
Her aunt was also there inside the home with several other relatives. She said a few weeks ago there was another shooting in the neighborhood, but she’s not sure if they were the intended target last night.
The family said they have no idea who the woman was that was shot and say they are fortunate no one else was hurt.
“It could have hit anything up here. It could have hit these folks. It could have hit anything.”
If you know anything about the incident, call Crime Stoppers at (901) 528-CASH.
- Most TN lawmakers want a say about a future governor’s emergency powers
- Justice Department investigating ‘bribery-for-pardon scheme’
- Penny Hardaway with some tough love for his Tigers heading into home opener against Arkansas State
- COVID-19 hospitalizations in US soar to new daily record
- Visitation suspended at 4 TDOC facilities due to rise in COVID-19 numbers in community