MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A Mid-South woman was arrested and charged after police say she stabbed a man to death during an altercation.
According to authorities, Latora Wells was driven to Methodist South Hospital early Tuesday morning after he had been stabbed multiple times. He was then airlifted to the Regional Medical Center where he later died.
A short time later, Lela Mosely arrived at a local precinct and told officers she had stabbed Wells.
She stated she was at Wells’ home when they became involved in a physical altercation.
It was during that fight that Wells went to the kitchen and grabbed a knife out of the sink. Mosely told police following a brief struggle, she stabbed Wells multiple times.
Mosely was charged with voluntary manslaughter. Her bond was set at $15,000.
- Thanksgiving morning apartment fire leaves Memphis family homeless
- MemFeast serves up thousands of holiday meals for the hungry
- Downtown Memphis restaurant finds safer ways to give back on Thanksgiving
- Second stimulus check: President-elect Biden’s thoughts on $1,200 payments
- ‘Jeopardy!’ shares Thanksgiving message from late host Alex Trebek