MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Memphis police arrested a woman accused of ramming two of their squad cars and sending two officers to the hospital Saturday at Winchester and Goodlett.
According to reports, officers were responding to a deadly hit and run when Ashley Pettaway pulled up in a Ford Focus. She wanted to talk to someone about a fight she had with her boyfriend and became upset when she was told she would have to wait for an officer to become available.
That’s when Pettaway began swearing at the officer, police said, before driving over several curbs and blowing into the vehicles. Police believe the incident was intentional.
Another man standing nearby was also injured in the incident, police said.
Pettaway was charged with aggravated assault, reckless driving and several other charges.
- Michael Jordan donates $2M from ‘The Last Dance’ proceeds to Feeding America
- Rocky the Christmas tree stowaway owl returns to the wild
- Mental health expert shares tips on civility at Thanksgiving
- Traveling abroad? The CDC now says you should get 3 coronavirus tests
- High court blocks New York coronavirus limits on houses of worship