KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A woman is accused of biting an officer at a Tennessee cemetery after trying to kill her dog.
Ashley Blake was found putting her knee on the dog’s neck in a Knoxville cemetery, claiming there were demons inside the dog, according to court documents.
Blake is accused of approaching an officer with a knife and refusing commands to stop. The officer was bitten while he was taking Blake into custody.
A syringe was also found on Blake, and she told officers she used it to shoot up meth.
Blake is charged with resisting arrest, animal cruelty, evading arrest, possession of drug paraphernalia and resisting stop, arrest and search.
Animal Control took custody of the dog.
- A 8-year-old South Carolina boy is mowing lawns for busy first responders, single moms and feeding the hungry
- Coronavirus in Arkansas: Governor Hutchinson, state officials to give update on COVID-19 response
- From behind nursing home window, Colorado woman meets grandson she never knew
- Marines react to discovery of sunken tank, remains off California coast
- UConn becomes first school in college football’s top division to cancel 2020 season