PENSACOLA BEACH, Fla. (WKRG) — An unexpected surprise was captured off the coast of Northwest Florida of a whale shark on Aug. 9.
The owner of the charter boat in Pensacola Beach spotted the whale shark.
“Before we even determined what was going on I had my fins on, mask on, camera in my hand and hit the water when we were about 600 feet from it and swam right up to it,” said Lucas Doran, scuba instructor.
This video is courtesy of Shark Quest Adventures.
Okaloosa County resident Kenneth Worley and his family shared amazing video of a whale shark encounter off the coast of Destin.
RGC Media, Inc. edited a video for the City of Destin.
- Shelby Co. Sheriff searches for 75-year-old man who was last seen at Meeman-Shelby Forest State Park
- Health officials encourage people to get outside as some playgrounds reopen
- Group issues Halloween 2020 guidelines, color-coded coronavirus risk map
- Memphis 901 FC falls 4-1 on the road in Louisville.
- Motorcyclist dies in crash in South Memphis