MEMPHIS, Tenn. — MLGW said an underground network fire is responsible for a power outage that affected businesses and homes Thursday morning in downtown Memphis.
The fire began in the early morning hours at Second and Gayoso and resulted in a substation having to be shut down.
The substation provides power to several major businesses downtown including, AutoZone,
FedEx Forum, Civil Rights Museum and MLGW’s Administration Building.
All customers who are affected by this outage are expected to have power by noon.
MLGW’s outage map showed about 250 customers without power downtown as of 10 a.m.
- President Trump’s campaign website hacked in cryptocurrency scam
- Protests, looting in Philadelphia continue after officer-involved shooting
- Driver crashes into pole after shooting in North Memphis
- US can’t replace Pres. Trump in columnist’s defamation lawsuit, federal judge rules
- Tracking the Tropics: Zeta becomes hurricane again in the Gulf of Mexico