This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A UFO conspiracy theorist was found dead in Poland earlier this year only days after he told his mother to “investigate” if anything happened to him, according to The Telegraph.

Max Spiers, 39, was in Poland in July to discuss conspiracy theories and UFOs when he was found dead inside an apartment, according to The Telegraph. Investigators ruled he died from natural causes.

Spiers apparently sent his mother a “warning” via text message a few days before his death that said:

“Your boy’s in trouble. If anything happens to me, investigate.”

Spiers lived in the United States for a few years but most recently lived in the UK, according to his mother, Vanessa Bates.

“He was making a name for himself in the world of conspiracy theorists and had been invited to speak at a conference in Poland in July,” Bates told KMTV. “He was staying with a woman who he had not known for long and she told me how she found him dead on the sofa. But I think Max had been digging in some dark places and I fear that somebody wanted him dead.”

According to the report, friends said Spears “vomited a black liquid” when he died.

After waiting at least two months for the result of a post-mortem examination, Bates is now questioning the investigation.

The story has gained a lot of traction online, with some asking police to reopen the investigation. A blogger on Project Camelot, a blog that covers conspiracy theories with a focus on “getting the truth out,” wrote:

“Both the doctor who examined Max and Police who came to the villa… Left the body behind in spite of the fact that they believed Max had died.  What kind of officials do this?  The entire circumstances are suspicious and I urge everyone to encourage Monica to release the details about what really happened to the public and call for an autopsy.”

A spokesman for the North East Kent coroner’s office told the Sunday Express they were in the “very early” stages of the investigation.