MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Two Tennessee doctors and their associated clinics have agreed to pay over $340,000 to resolve claims that they defrauded Medicare.
The U.S. Justice Department said Dr. Shoaib Qureshi and Dr. Imran Mirza were accused of billing Medicare for services rendered by nurse practitioners at the higher reimbursement rate for physician services. It claimed the improper billing took place from 2015-2018.
The two doctors own and operate Memphis Primary Care Specialists, Lunceford Family Health Center and Getwell Family Medicine.
- Grizzlies top Bucks 128-115 as they start fast on long trip
- “A pillar and stalwart.” Charlotte resident and oldest living American dies at 116
- U.S. counties with more Trump voters are less likely to be vaccinated, data shows
- Mass shootings wracking US in 2021
- Alaska to offer COVID vaccines in airports