MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Two girls were taken to the hospital overnight following a shooting in East Memphis.
According to police, officers responded to the 4000 block of Southlawn Avenue near Getwell and Rhodes after receiving reports of shots being fired early Friday.
The people inside were reportedly sleeping when bullets went through the home around 4 a.m. The mother said she grabbed her children to take cover inside a closet. Several of the shots hit her 18-year-old daughter and her 16-year-old friend.
Both girls are expected to be okay.
Neighbors, not wanting to show their faces, told WREG it was frightening.
“This morning my neighbor woke me up and told me, there’s a bunch of police officers out there. I looked out the door and there were police everywhere.”
There’s no word on what led up to the shooting and police have not released a description of the shooter. They were able to get home surveillance video from several neighboring houses.
If you know anything, call Crime Stoppers at (901) 528-CASH.
- California mom describes allergic reaction to Moderna vaccine
- In hidden message on White House website, Biden calls for coders
- Three soldiers killed in upstate NY military helicopter crash
- Man accused of crushing officer with door during Capitol riot is arrested
- Michigan parents denied legal rights to their babies due to outdated law