MEMPHIS, Tenn. — The Tate County Sheriff’s Office says two Tate County jailers have been arrested and charged with having sex with an inmate.
According to a statement from Tate County Sheriff Brad Lance, Lance received information that one or more jailers were having inappropriate contact with a female prisoner last Friday afternoon.
Lance says the sheriff’s office launched an internal investigation. He contacted Senatobia Police late Monday and formally asked them to investigate.
On Wednesday, Stephen Crabb and Charles Lebo were arrested by the Senatobia Police Department. Crabb and Lebo have each been charged with one felony count of sex with a prisoner or parolee by an officer or guard.
Crabb and Lebo have also been fired.
Lance says the internal investigation and separate criminal investigation are both ongoing. The sheriff says he will “not hesitate” to call in an outside law enforcement agency if more potential criminal conduct is discovered.
- Police: Human bones found on Mud Island Road
- Former LeMoyne-Owen basketball coach Jerry Johnson dies at 102
- Memphis is the mashed potatoes capital of America? Company says it is, and they’re mailing samples to city
- Pinson leads No. 19 Missouri to 73-64 win at No. 6 Tennessee
- Rapper Lil Baby, Councilman Smiley put on coat drive in Frayser