MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Two people were rushed to the hospital after an argument Thursday morning in Whitehaven.
According to police, the victims were located on East Brooks near I-55 around 2 a.m. Thursday suffering from gunshot wounds. One was transported to the Regional Medical Center in critical condition while the other is expected to be okay.
The shooting is believed to have stemmed from an argument. After the incident, the suspect hit the victim’s motorcycle as he fled in a silver Nissan.
Additional information about the suspect was not released.
Angela Brooks is property manager at Bantam Apartments on Springbrook. She says one of the security guards here was on patrol when the incident went down.
“He heard multiple shots. He said he heard a male screaming,” Brooks said.
The security guard told Brooks he saw drivers stopping, possibly to assist the victims, but then heard a car taking off from the scene.
“He didn’t see anyone, he just heard, like, a car speeding off real fast,” Brooks said.
Brooks says Bantam Properties bought the complex, formerly the Loyalty Inn, in 2019 and is renovating forty units. The district attorney and Memphis Police closed the Loyalty Inn in 2018, calling it a “public nuisance” for numerous crimes committed.
If you know anything about this incident, call Crime Stoppers at (901) 528-CASH.
- Man arrested in North Carolina in May accused of threatening to kill Joe Biden
- Mid-South contractor accused of taking money without finishing job for a second time
- DeSoto County officials still searching for stolen fire truck and equipment
- Dems, GOP want stimulus package deal before Election Day
- Walmart files opioid-related lawsuit against the federal government