MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Two people waiting for their workplace to open for the morning had to be rushed to the hospital after being shot by a lone gunman, police said.
Authorities made the scene in the 1000 block of South Cooper after receiving a shots fired call, first responders said. When they arrived, they located two men inside a parked car with gunshot wounds.
The victims told police they were waiting for their supervisor to open the business for the morning when the gunman approached the passenger side of their red truck and fired twice.
Neighbors told WREG’s Quametra Wilborn they’re stunned by the violence.
“This is shocking, especially around this neighborhood,” said Brad Scott. “This is a pretty quiet neighborhood.”
The passenger was critically injured from a gunshot wound to the chest while the driver was shot in the arm. Both were taken to the Regional Medical Center by ambulannce for treatment and are expected to be okay.
The gunman in this case jumped into a dark-colored vehicle that had been parked on Walker and fled the scene. He has not been located at this time, but authorities said there are multiple cameras facing the scene of the crime. They hope one of them will be able to give them the answers they need to bring this case to a close.
If you know anything about this incident, call Crime Stoppers at (901) 528-CASH.
- Police: Human bones found on Mud Island
- Former LeMoyne-Owen basketball coach Jerry Johnson dies at 102
- Memphis is the mashed potatoes capital of America? Company says it is, and they’re mailing samples to city
- Pinson leads No. 19 Missouri to 73-64 win at No. 6 Tennessee
- Rapper Lil Baby, Councilman Smiley put on coat drive in Frayser