MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Two people are dead and another injured following a shooting early Monday morning in Binghampton.
According to authorities, a man showed up at the Tillman Police Station around 5:30 a.m. Monday suffering from a gunshot wound and told police about a disturbance in the 2800 block of Nathan.
When first responders arrived, they found two men dead from gunshot wounds.
Neighbors said one of the victims found on the porch lives at the home.
The family told WREG’s Melissa Moon that it was a man and his nephew who were shot to death on the porch. They asked us not to release the victims’ names at this time.
“Very hurt, in pain and everything. I’m so sorry for my son and my grandson,” said the mother of one of the victims.
She said the shooting may have been over gambling, but wasn’t worth taking lives.
“He’s a hard working man. He graduated from high school. He did everything a man is suppose to do. He took care of his family and just time has gone.”
Authorities said the shooter is known to the victims. He ran from the scene. If you know anything about this case, call Crime Stoppers at (901) 528-CASH.
- Appeals court will rehear request to dismiss Michael Flynn’s case
- Mystery masks: Unsolicited face masks from China arriving in mailboxes
- Police chase ends after suspect’s car crashes into Covington home
- Daughter of woman killed during prison escape files lawsuit
- Global coronavirus cases double in 45 days, top 20 million