SENATOBIA, Miss. — Two people were killed and another injured after a motorcycle accident Tuesday evening on US-51 .
According to the Mississippi Highway Patrol, William Simmons was traveling along US-51 near Cut Off Road when he attempted to pass another vehicle. His motorcycle collided with a Toyota that was traveling southbound.
Simmons and passenger Tina Simmons were both killed. The driver of the Toyota was transported to the hospital with injuries.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
- Midtown haunted house opens with health rules in place
- Memphis lawmaker seeks to ban no-knock warrants statewide
- Shelby County Election Commission tests new smartphone program to help voters avoid long lines
- Woman shot in Whitehaven; two suspects on the run
- Shelby County Sheriff calls use of new ‘e-shields’ a ‘regrettable mistake’