WEST MEMPHIS, Ark. — Construction work on Interstate 55 is currently causing major delays from the West Memphis area into Memphis.
The planned worked has shutdown I-55 completely, making I-40 being the only way into Memphis from Arkansas. ArDOT and TDOT closed all lanes of I-55 between the I-40/I-55 interchange and the Mississippi River at mile markers 0 and 4 from 6 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 1, for maintenance work.
Currently travel times from College Blvd. in West Memphis to Downtown Memphis along the interstate are greater than an hour an a half, according to Google Maps.
Officials are urging motorists to take alternate routes such as Highway 70 to Martin Luther King Drive to I-40 to avoid the major delays.
- Fire department investigating four arsons in less than 72 hours
- Family members charged in connection to harboring three escapees from Wilder Youth Center
- Mid-South leaders asking residents to avoid large Thanksgiving gatherings
- Memphis Police investigating fatal crash on Hernando DeSoto Bridge
- Teen nearly dies after getting syndrome tied to COVID-19