MEMPHIS, Tenn. — There will be something missing from the Liberty Bowl when football season returns this fall.
Memphis Tiger mascot Tom III will not be attending football games this fall after the conference decided to remove mascots from the field, according to Scott Forman, Tom’s handler, on social media Tuesday.
“This is obviously disppointing as Tom III has not missed a game during his reign (73 games), but the decision has been made and it is what it is,” said Forman on social media.
He said Tom is doing well amid the pandemic and he will be back once allowed.
- Thanks to 30 from Kawhi Leonard, Grizzlies and Clippers split their back to back
- Lady Gaga’s French bulldogs recovered safely
- Shelby County commissioners frustrated with health director, mayor after vaccine debacle
- Mayor Strickland vows to avoid repeat of health department’s mistakes
- State health department lead comes down hard on Shelby County