MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Tiger Woods will not be playing in the WGC FedEx St. Jude Invitational in Memphis next week, WREG has confirmed.
Woods will skip the tournament July 25-28 at TPC Southwind to focus on the FedEx Cup playoffs.
There you have it. No Memphis for Tiger again. https://t.co/qkkz980Wp4
— Mike Ceide (@MCeide_WREG3) July 19, 2019
Forty-six of the top 50 players from the Official World Golf Ranking have committed to next week’s World Golf Championships-FedEx St. Jude Invitational. Other notable and highly ranked golfers who have declared for the tournament include those below.
- Brooks Koepka: Ranked No. 1 in world
- Dustin Johnson: Ranked No. 2 in world and defending FedEx St. Jude Invitational Champion
- Rory McIlroy: Ranked No. 3 in world
- Justin Rose: Ranked No. 4 in world
- Phil Mickelson
- Bryson DeChambeau: ranked No. 6 in world
The field as of the commitment deadline Friday includes the following players:
Rafa Cabrera Bello