CHARLOTTE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) – Happy 116th birthday to Miss Hester Ford!
FOX 46 Charlotte captured the moment Hester turned 115 last year when she had a party at Beatties Ford Road Library with her family.
Hester was born in Lancaster County, South Carolina, and went on to have 12 children with her husband, and has more than 50 grand-kids and 120 great-grand-kids!
Ms. Ford credits her incredible longevity to family and a strong faith in God. And yes, she is the oldest living person in the United States.
- McConnell blasts proposal to wind down war authority in Iraq
- Memphis workshop tackles mental health issues
- Covenant School Shooting: Nashville shooter didn’t target specific people, police say
- 12-year-old accused of stabbing 13-year-old at NY middle school: police
- Honda recalls more than 330,000 vehicles over mirror issue