MEMPHIS, Tenn. — The Blues Foundation has named a new leader.
The Memphis, Tennessee-based organization said Monday that Patricia Wilson Aden has been selected as its new president and CEO. She will begin leading the foundation on Oct. 1.
Aden has served as president and CEO of the African American Museum in Philadelphia and executive director of the Rhythm & Blues Foundation.
She succeeds Barbara Newman, who helped develop a fund to provide financial support for musicians who have lost income during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Blues Foundation hosts the Blues Hall of Fame, the Blues Music Awards and the International Blues Challenge all in Memphis.
- Bus-size asteroid to zoom by Earth, ducking below satellites
- ‘You are not listening:’ Fauci loses patience with Rand Paul in Senate COVID hearing
- Watch: Trump says he won’t commit to peaceful transfer of power if he loses
- Online learning emerges as a key issue from Tennessee House hearings
- Police: Suspect dies after fight with MLGW employee