MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A Tennessee man who was on parole for a murder conviction when he raped a woman in Memphis has been sentenced to life in prison.
Rainer raped a woman whom he forced into his truck while she was walking in a Memphis neighborhood in April 2015.
Rainer was sentenced to 40 years in prison for killing a Memphis man and wounding his girlfriend in 1994. But he was paroled after serving less than a third of his sentence.
- WATCH: Mississippi governor addresses coronavirus response
- White House releases statement on weekend house party in East Nashville
- A 8-year-old South Carolina boy is mowing lawns for busy first responders, single moms and feeding the hungry
- Coronavirus in Arkansas: Governor Hutchinson, state officials to give update on COVID-19 response
- From behind nursing home window, Colorado woman meets grandson she never knew