NASHVILLE, Tenn. — A lawsuit has been filed against Tennessee elections officials seeking the release of absentee ballot information.
The lawsuit was filed Sunday by the state Democratic Party and the campaign of Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Marquita Bradshaw. It accuses elections officials of refusing to release the ballot information as required by state law.
Republican Secretary of State Tre Hargett and elections coordinator Mark Goings are named as defendants.
According to the lawsuit, the secretary of state’s office is required by Tennessee open records law to release if requested a list of voters who have not returned absentee ballots by the end of early voting, which was Saturday.
- Bryant’s Breakfast reopens in East Memphis
- Riot declared, 1 arrested after fire at police office in Portland, Oregon
- First lady Jill Biden to undergo ‘procedure,’ says White House
- Memphis man accused of stealing $22k worth of jewelry off East Holmes
- Police: Son detained after woman critically injured in Raleigh shooting