TENNESSEE (WATE) — The Tennessee National Guard will be sending support to our nation’s Capitol next week for President-elect Joe Biden’s Inauguration.
A spokesperson for the Tennessee National Guard says they received a request for additional personnel to support the Washington D.C. National Guard.
This, in the wake of the deadly riots at the capitol last week.
Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris will take the Oath of Office from the Capitol’s West Front, which is one of the locations where a violent mob overpowered police and stormed the building.
- Police: Human bones found on Mud Island Road
- Former LeMoyne-Owen basketball coach Jerry Johnson dies at 102
- Memphis is the mashed potatoes capital of America? Company says it is, and they’re mailing samples to city
- Pinson leads No. 19 Missouri to 73-64 win at No. 6 Tennessee
- Rapper Lil Baby, Councilman Smiley put on coat drive in Frayser