MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Memphis Police said a teen was shot in Whitehaven on Saturday.
Neighbors said they were just enjoying their Fourth of July when they heard what they initially thought were fireworks.
Police say the shooting happened on Rocky Knob Drive near Bender Road shortly before 1 p.m.
Police did not provide an exact age for the victim but said he is in his late teens. The victim went to the hospital in critical condition.
Some neighbors also said from they think the shooting stemmed from a day-long feud among family members.
“This is a time when the family is supposed to be with family,” one neighbor said. “I flew from Chicago to be with my family, and to have to deal with this. I can just imagine what the other people’s family is doing, what they could be going through.”
No suspect information is available at this time.
If you have any information, call Crime Stoppers at 901-528-CASH.
- Grizzlies clinch play-in spot berth in nail biting win against Pelicans
- Midtown businesses burglarized
- Mississippi joins Arkansas in ending weekly $600 unemployment checks
- Man accused of stabbing, robbing customer inside store at Tanger Outlets
- COVID lockdown fueled opioid overdoses, deaths in Memphis area