LAWRENCEBURG, Tenn. — The man on the run for more than a week after authorities say he kidnapped a Tennessee infant was arrested in Mississippi.
According to WKRN, Tony Lanier, Sr. was captured over the weekend in Alcorn County.
Lanier was accused of abducting nine-month-old Braelee Trapp on June 25. The little girl was taken from her home in Lawrence County and found safe several hours later.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has not released why he may have taken the child or his relationship to her.
- Memphis Shelby County COVID-19 Joint Task Force gives update
- Sisters separated by orphanages, foster homes are reunited after 46 years
- Memphis ranked No. 4 large metro for most successful female entrepreneurs
- 2 schools close in Chattanooga after positive virus tests
- Report: American Airlines set to drop flights to as many as 30 smaller cities