MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Police made a murder arrest two weeks after a deadly shooting in South Memphis.
On November 6, first responders found victim Patrick Dotson in the roadway on Boyle near Lapaloma. He was pronounced dead having suffered a gunshot wound to the head.
During the investigation, authorities learned that Dotson was shot following an argument with several men. Dotson was reportedly fleeing the scene when he was shot by a man standing in a front yard.
Authorities believe that suspect was Johntavius Dobbs, 19. He was arrested on second-degree murder, vandalism and reckless endangerment charges.
- ‘We don’t need saviors’: Orange Mound community celebrates Juneteenth, future of neighborhood
- Emergency C-section causes cut to baby’s face
- Ohio dad and baby with same rare medical condition have cranial surgery 27 years apart
- OJ Simpson still fighting against orders to pay $60M for Goldman deaths, lawyer says
- Memphis native Bobby Cochran to compete in U.S. Senior Open