MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A Mid-South man was taken into custody after police say he robbed two banks and a CVS Pharmacy.
Robert Durham was arrested by Southaven police on August 4 after he was reportedly caught driving a stolen vehicle. He was booked into the Desoto County Adult Detention Center and is waiting extradition to Memphis.
According to the Memphis Police Department, Durham was one of the suspects involved in the City of Memphis Employee Credit Union robbery last month. In that incident he entered the Whitehaven business, gave the teller a note saying he had a gun and demanded money.
He was seen with a woman, but she has yet to be publicly identified. Investigators later determined that a woman initially identified was not involved in this matter.
Durham was also involved in a robbery at the CVS Pharmacy at 4155 Elvis Presley Boulevard and the Independent Bank on South Main Street.
- Governor Bill Lee says he plans to address 3rd grade reading and math issues within weeks
- President Trump unveils health care plan, signs order protecting preexisting conditions
- Shelby County officials announce new development in South Memphis to address infrastructure
- What are some of the nationwide solutions to help students most in need during the pandemic?
- Memphis activists say man pointed gun at them during march for Breonna Taylor