TRENTON, MI (WATE) – Authorities in Michigan say a human skull was found at the Michigan home of a man shot and killed in East Tennessee last week.
The remains were discovered Monday in Trenton, Michigan at the previous home of Mark Eberly by new homeowners.
Eberly was found dead after exchanging gunfire with a Cumberland County Sheriff’s deputy last week along Chestnut Hill Road.
The new homeowners saw the skull in the home’s fire pit before immediately contacting police.
According to Fox 2 Detroit, police said Eberly moved from the Trenton residence sometime in the past few months during the COVID-19 pandemic. Neighbors told Fox 2 Detroit Eberly had nightly fires in the fire pit before moving away.
Michigan State Police agents are also investigating the discovery.
Investigators say the remains of only one person have been found.
- Mystery masks: Unsolicited face masks from China arriving in mailboxes
- Police chase ends after suspect’s car crashes into Covington home
- Daughter of woman killed during prison escape files lawsuit
- Global coronavirus cases double in 45 days, top 20 million
- Putin says Russia has approved coronavirus vaccine, one of his daughters has received it