MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Authorities are searching for a shooter after a man was killed at a restaurant in South Memphis.
First responders were called to the Jack Pirtle’s Chicken in the 1200 block of South Bellevue early Monday morning.
They found a man inside a truck suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. He was pronounced dead on the scene.
Police have not released any official information about what happened, but employees said they recognized the victim as a delivery driver who delivers to the restaurant once or twice a month.
Authorities said they do not have any suspect information.
Tuesday morning, Jack Pirtle’s owner Tawanda Pirtle released a statement on the restaurant’s Facebook page, confirming that the victim was a driver for a food delivery company. The statement said, in part:
“ALL I CAN SAY IS THIS IS A FIRST at a Jack Pirtle’s location in our 64 years in business… PLEASE KEEP HIS FAMILY, HIS CO WORKERS, JACK PIRTLE’S FAMILY, PFG FAMILY AND EVERY DELIVERY DRIVER IN THE CITY OF MEMPHIS in your thoughts and prayers.. these folks can NEVER EVER be appreciated enough for the job they do that truly connects to every person and every business and every household.”
If you know anything about this incident, call Crime Stoppers at (901) 528-CASH.
- WWII veteran’s canteen found in St. Louis, makes its way back to Oklahoma
- Border Patrol agent stabbed; migrant assailant shot and killed, CBP says
- Memphis Shelby County COVID-19 Joint Task Force gives update
- Group of dads tackle man accused of peeping on teen in Cracker Barrel restroom in SC
- What can Democrats do in response to Trump’s Supreme Court pick? These three scenarios are getting attention