SOUTHAVEN, Miss. — A Shelby County jailer found himself on the wrong side of the law, accused of shoplifting from a Walmart in Mississippi.
Derrick Jones is now relieved of duty with pay pending the outcome of the investigation.
Southaven Police say Jones shoplifted from the Walmart in Southaven on Saturday. Records show he posted a $500 bond shortly after his arrest.
But what’s unclear is what the 47-year-old is accused of stealing. We asked investigators multiple times for more information but never heard back.
Jones has worked at the jail since 2011.
- Shelby Co. Sheriff searches for 75-year-old man who was last seen at Meeman-Shelby Forest State Park
- Health officials encourage people to get outside as some playgrounds reopen
- Group issues Halloween 2020 guidelines, color-coded coronavirus risk map
- Memphis 901 FC falls 4-1 on the road in Louisville.
- Motorcyclist dies in crash in South Memphis