MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Some 5th graders got a chance to beef up their public speaking skills ahead of a big contest.
The Shelby County School students attended a virtual oratorical clinic this past Saturday. Our very own Stephanie Scurlock was one of the presenters who gave students some public speaking tips.
The students practiced delivering news stories and learned how public speaking can lead to a career in broadcasting. The event is sponsored by the Memphis Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority.
About two dozen students will compete, January 16th, for prize money and trophies. Good luck to all of them.
- ‘I’ll walk if you walk’: Story behind Prince Philip walking with Harry, William at Princess Diana’s funeral
- GOP congressional delegations surge upon South Texas border again, demand Biden administration fix migrant ‘crisis’
- Pedaling for a purpose: Group of friends takes 800-mile bike ride for a good cause
- Pfizer, BioNTech ask FDA to approve use of vaccine in children ages 12 to 15
- Sheriff: Man arrested, charged with murder after victim found along Hacks Cross Road