Two aquariums in Tennessee have been named among the best in the nation.
The Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies ranked second only to the Wonders of Wildlife Aquarium in Springfield, Missouri in USA’s Top Ten Best Reader’s Choice Awards.
The Tennessee Aquarium was ranked fifth, just one month after reopening to the public.
Tennessee Aquarium President and CEO Keith Sanford saying they are so grateful to their followers and fans who helped them finish strong in the contest.
“We’re so grateful to our followers and fans, who helped us finish strong in this contest,” Tennessee Aquarium President and CEO Keith Sanford said in an announcement of the contest results. “It’s extremely gratifying to see this recognition of our team’s expertise, enthusiasm and dedication to our mission.”Tennessee Aquarium President and CEO Keith Sanford
The Tennessee Aquarium came in ninth on the USA Today list in 2019 and seventh in 2018.
The list featured 20 facilities nominated by a panel of experts. Winners were selected by popular vote.
- Dr. Joris Ray talks about the return to school in Shelby County
- Prosecutors: Man threatened Rep. Steve Cohen, Missouri congressman
- Two people found shot to death in Cordova apartment
- WalletHub: Memphis among fattest cities in America
- Tennessee bill would give immunity to drivers who unintentionally hit someone blocking roadway